discuss: new documentation license

Subject: Re: new documentation license
From: rahul ####@####.####
Date: 4 Dec 2003 03:15:46 -0000

Hi

>I wonder if it makes sense to adopt something as our own if it already
>exists, so more discussion would help.
>
>Tab

I will explain. The OPL is a license that will not be modified at all in
the future. Thats perfectly fine it LDP doesnt want any modifications.
If it does adapting an existing license like OPL or creative commons
license would be a better idea than rewriting it from scratch. We can
host the license within LDP and recommend it as the license we prefer
with a list of acceptable licenses within the LDP FAQ or Author's guide.

I suggest we dont accepted any other licenses or modifications. This
would mean that distributions can easily choose to distribute the docs
without hiring a lawyer to understand all of them and we all have a
better deal

regards
Rahul Sundaram