discuss: wiki

Subject: wiki
From: rahul ####@####.####
Date: 29 Nov 2003 01:37:25 -0000

hi

> > "excellent idea. i have asked randy to set this up.
>
> You shouldn't ask for someone to set something up until the consensus is to
> do it.  If it's just for Rahul's HOWTOs then it's probably OK.
> 			David Lawyer
>
> > Those who object should come up with clarifications at to what they
> > object specifically.remember for now this is an alternative. We will
> > mail the authors independantly informing up of this alternative setup
> > once its done"
>
> Shouldn't this apply also to the proponents?  I think the opponents, etc.
> did give reasons.
>
> > ----------
> >
> > I never said that wiki is the obvious system to use.
>
> True, but your enthusiasm for it tended to imply this.
>
> > I believe asking people to justify their opinions is a fair thing to
> > do. dont you?

i dont think you get it. I asked randy to set it up as an alternative to
demonstrate for me and to the group how wiki can be used and see if
there are
any problems cropping up. whose consensus should i need for that?

wiki isnt something i have used much myself. i am NOT propogating wiki. All
that i am thinking of is discussing ideas and implementing things for
making
it easier for LDP and its authors to maintain docs in a good way.

I cannot and will not force anyone to adopt to any particular system.
this is
completely optional. how can it be any other way?.

regards
rahul sundaram