discuss: the good the bad and the ugly

Subject: Re: the good the bad and the ugly
From: Rahul Sundaram ####@####.####
Date: 21 Nov 2003 03:49:16 -0000

On Friday 21 November 2003 07:48, you wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram ####@####.#### wrote:
> > I dont know if this is sarcasm, anger or humour.
>
> It's sarcasm and anger, and I understand him. I was also annoyed by your
> previous comment that we should obviously use wikis, and that anybody
> who thought otherwise had to justify his opinion.
>
> Yves

I went back and reread what I said.

quoting myself

----

"I am interested in the wiki. If you can take some of the docs. I suggestion a
few simple faqs, the introduction to linux guide and some other high profile
docs in plain text from tldp.org and setup a working wiki and post a link to
it. if and when wiki is considered a suitable replacement or atleast an
alternative for some of the docs we can have a link from tldp. thanks"
---
"excellent idea. i have asked randy to set this up. Those who object should
come up with clarifications at to what they object specifically.remember for
now this is an alternative. We will mail the authors independantly informing
up of this alternative setup once its done"

----------

I never said that wiki is the obvious system to use.I believe asking people to
justify their opinions is a fair thing to do. dont you?

I also mentioned that wiki is something that is setup easier(Randy has already
did it now). Lampadas is probably a superior system. I said we can implement
wiki now as an *alternative system* until some other *functional* solution
exists.If people dont use wiki then LDP wont implement it. I dont have the
need or power to do that. I am trying to brainstorm ideas to improve LDP. All
the discussions are just that unless something gets implemented.

I said if someone brings up objections to anything at all in the list they
should take care to explain their objection so people can understand your
viewpoint and defends who wanted to defend their viewpoint can do so. Its not
that I love wiki and I am forcing everyone to use it.I apologise if I
offended anybody by what I said. I do not apologise for things I never said
and those of you who read things i didnt say should not blame me.

Regards
Rahul Sundaram