discuss: the good the bad and the ugly

Subject: Re: the good the bad and the ugly
From: Rahul Sundaram ####@####.####
Date: 21 Nov 2003 02:06:18 -0000

On Friday 21 November 2003 07:21, you wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > sorry. The topic was discussed before and your distro howto is trying to
> > compete with distrowatch.com. just too much work here. Retire the howto.
>
> Yes, sir.
> Immediately, sir.
> Anything you bloody well say, sir.
> After all, I'm just an ignorant sodding little writer here, of no bloody
> import whatsoever.
>
> Now -- how's about you go read again my contributions to this list of
> last week?

I dont know if this is sarcasm, anger or humour. I will rephrase what I said
now.

You probably put in a lot of work in that howto. It was if my memory servers
right one of the first howtos i ever read. It is a good piece of work but
unfortunately wouldnt sustain itself without the distributors themselves
taking care to inform you that their distro is being updated. Some dont have
the interest, some dont have the manpower. Take a look at distrowatch.com and
check the amount of changes that you will have to make to the howto to keep
it updated. It just cannot be sustained as a static howto. You can maybe ask
for ladislav to send you the changes but the site serves the purpose better
than a howto. This was accepted by you in our last discussion in this list.

You can use your valuable time to work on some other docs which would be more
feasible. Just my opinion.

Btw i couldnt find the linux dictionary to edit in the wiki. Did you take it
off too?

Regards
Rahul Sundaram