discuss: the good the bad and the ugly

Subject: Re: the good the bad and the ugly
From: Randy Kramer ####@####.####
Date: 20 Nov 2003 18:43:49 -0000

On Thursday 20 November 2003 01:26 pm, rahul wrote:
> hi
>
> > Action, as jdd mentioned, is a valuable thing when directed properly, but
> > too much change too quickly can be difficult to implement or manage.
> > Therefore I make a proposal as a first step forward: can we leave the
> > HOWTO's as they are, but add a wiki page for each HOWTO where people can
> > discuss it, comment it, and rate/feedback it? (Yes, I know feedback is
> > not a verb. <smile>)
> >
> > This could (as Randy mentioned) be implemented in hours, involves no
> > changes to the currently functioning system, and seems to me to be a step
> > forward. If it works well, we can reevaluate it next week or whenever we
> > please. Every HOWTO could be modified rather quickly (a minute or so per
> > HOWTO) so that it clearly pointed to its wiki discussion page near the
> > top (and perhaps also bottom) of the document.
> >
> > Is there anyone who would _object_ to such a proposal? If not, why not
> > try it? We can always remove it later if we don't like it...
>
> excellent idea. i have asked randy to set this up. Those who object should
> come up with clarifications at to what they object specifically.remember
> for now this is an alternative. We will mail the authors independantly
> informing up of this alternative setup once its done

Did I miss something?  (An email to me?)

Anyway, I'll be happy to help start setting this up, but it's not quite a one
man job, although if someone can provide (or point to) a list of all the
HOWTOs (or all the HOWTOs for which the authors want a TWiki page) I can set
the "stubs" up fairly quickly.

It would also be (I think), helpful and appropriate to have a template for the
pages, I'll take a shot at that later today / tomorrow morning.

PS: It will probably make sense to start with a page for one particular HOWTO
-- anybody want to make a recommendation or volunteer one of theirs as a
"guinea pig"?

regards,
Randy Kramer