discuss: the good the bad and the ugly

Subject: Re: the good the bad and the ugly
From: doug jensen ####@####.####
Date: 19 Nov 2003 16:37:04 -0000

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 11:40:22AM +0530, rahul wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 November 2003 08:42, Tabatha Marshall wrote:
> > There are many components that make up a good document.
>
> Technical reviewing is much more harder because it is likely to diversified.
> So we will have to rely on public feedback. We need to work on getting more
> feedback. This is what a content management system or wiki would give us. It
> would enable us the framework to recieve very quick feedback. Today I dont
> have a way to determine the quality of these docs. No statistics. which of
> the docs are being read more?. which of these docs are ignored. How do users
> feel about it. They will have to email the author for feedback which isnt the
> quick way to do it. We need the framework and we need it now.

How about making a symlink for documents at tldp site that are under review.
Instead of going directly to the document, there would be an short interm page
that asks that the user send feedback to tldp, then have a link from
there to the real document.  The symlinked page could be something like:
   This document is currently under review by The Linux Documentation
   Project.  As part of the review process, your feedback is needed.
   After reading the document, please write a short but informative
   review and send it to ####@####.####  On the subject line of
   your email please put "User Review:  <name of document>".  Reviews
   that concentrate on the technical accuracy of the document will be
   the most useful.  The review period for this document will end on
   << some date >>.  Thanks for your help.

        << link back to real document >>

--
Doug Jensen