discuss: TLDP roadmap proposal

Subject: TLDP roadmap proposal
From: rahul ####@####.####
Date: 19 Nov 2003 02:34:28 -0000

Hi

Short term changes

The site was changed for easy access of updated contents

TLDP has now new volunteers working as reviewers

* The Author guide is being revamped.
* System Admin guide is being worked upon.

Improve the website

Time alloted: 2-3 weeks

* add more colorful stylesheets which distincly gives color to different parts
of the markup language as approprite. this will make tldp docs look good as
well as more readable. Make the website look better.

* add a wiki system with appropriate measures to prevent abuse.(twiki?). an
alternative would be tabatha's developer coming up with a working
implementation within a couple of weeks. lampadas is atleast six months away
and I am expecting some good changes before that.

* add statistics permanently to the front page
Authors:
More than 450
Documents:
More than 470
Languages:
14
Mailing Lists:
11
Subscribers:
More than 400
Web Mirrors:
350
(Taken out of the recent announcement)

some of this might not be useful at the front page like count of mailing list.
other stuff like how many docs were updated might look more appealing.

Improvement of docs

Time alloted: 2 to 3 months

* Prepare a list of really good stuff. I provided a incomplete list earlier
on.

* Remove bad ones out of tldp.
* Consider intermediate level docs for review (Tabatha, Emily and others)

* Spread the news

* We need more volunteers to get this task done. I earlier send a mail to my
local lug which would be used as a template. Modify it and communicate to the
lugs and news sites that tldp is undergoing major changes.

* Newbie type questions should be welcomed. If they are repeatitive that
indicates that our docs are lacking somewhere. We should add those faqs to
the LDP faq(my responsibility) and to the author guide as appropriate.

I welcome discussions

regards
Rahul Sundaram