discuss: DocBook 4.x XML packages for RedHat?

Subject: Re: DocBook 4.x XML packages for RedHat?
From: Jorge Godoy ####@####.####
Date: 31 Mar 2001 03:08:18 -0000

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, ####@####.#### wrote:
> Jorge Godoy wrote:
>>
>> <marketing>

(SNIP)

>> </marketing>
>
> New DocBook tag? :)

:o))
Well... They pay me to fool around... I have to make some merchandise!
Oops! I hope my boss isn't signing this mailing list :o)) Just
kidding. ;-))

>> Hmmm... I think it's possible.
>> Something like
>>
>> <!ENTITY date SYSTEM "| date">
>>
>> if it works, it should print the output of 'date'.
>
> Doesn't look like it...
>
> mkomarinski@clint:~$ jade -t sgml -i html -V nochunks -d
> public_html/ldp.dsl\#html /usr/lib/sgml/declaration/xml.dcl
> event-howto.xml > event-howto.html jade:event-howto.xml:68:5:E:
> cannot find "| date"; tried "| date", "/usr/local/share/sgml/|
> date", "/usr/local/lib/sgml/| date", "/usr/lib/sgml/| date"
> mkomarinski@clint:~$

Maybe this is not the correct syntax... Instead of trying all
possibilities, we should try asking at OpenJade mailing list... I'll
do that tomorrow morning (is 0h08 here...) if I remember it (I think
I will, because that has made me curious). They have the source and
are used to think on things like that. ;-) It would be good if there
was no way to do that.

>> Why not with entities, as of:
>>
>> <!ENTITY file2 SYSTEM "file2.sgml"> ?
>
> That I knew.  What I want to do is find an easy way to upload them
> to the web site.  A tar.gz file would work, but again, that could
> have a hidden payload (arbitrary .php files hidden in there).
>
> I might build a chroot environment just in case...

I've beend thinking on doing such an automation for a while now. I've
implemented something that makes a CVS checkout of one module in a
specific language and then convert it to a chosen output format. But
then, there is another problem: which one of the received files is the
main document? We, at Conectiva, have a naming convention and our main
files are named 'master.sgml' or 'master.xml'. So we always process
the 'master' file. It doesn't happen on LDP.

WRT hidden PHP files, you can disable them on that specific directory,
so that they are seen as text files instead of PHP files.

The problem would be to identify the main file...

See you,
--

Departamento de Publicações       Conectiva S.A.
Publishing Department             Conectiva Inc.

"Ser poeta não é minha ambição, é minha maneira de estar sozinho"
				- Fernando Pessoa