discuss: Title suggestions needed

Subject: Re: Title suggestions needed
From: "s. keeling" ####@####.####
Date: 15 Nov 2003 21:47:14 -0000

Incoming from Rodolfo J. Paiz:

> I am about to begin writing a simple HOWTO document detailing how to set up
> a home or SOHO firewall/gateway/netserver. This machine (based on a Red
> Hat, Fedora, or other RPM-based distribution for starters since that's all
> I know) will act as the network's gateway, masquerading all computers
> behind it so they can have Internet access, and will provide firewall
> services using Shorewall (http://www.shorewall.net). However, it will also
> provide DNS, DHCP, and NTP services to this small network since these are
> the three services most basic to getting a small network up and running.
>
> I am lacking a title for said HOWTO... "Home Firewall HOWTO", "Simple
> Firewall HOWTO", and "Small Network Server HOWTO" have all crossed my mind,

fwiw, I like "Small Network Gateway HOWTO".

And, if all you know is Redhat, you might fill out your generalized
knowledge of the subject by looking into some of the small,
specialized distributions out there.  There are one disk router,
firewall, diskless, etc., distributions.  See
http://www.distrowatch.com.  Also, click on "Related Links", and page
down to "Distribution Lists."

- -