discuss: (long) Using A Wiki (TWiki) at LDP (was Re: Is PHP-HOWTO some kind of joke ? (fwd))

Subject: (long) Using A Wiki (TWiki) at LDP (was Re: Is PHP-HOWTO some kind of joke ? (fwd))
From: Randy Kramer ####@####.####
Date: 12 Nov 2003 19:34:39 -0000

<introduction>
The following is (sort of) a response to Rodolfo (but not entirely, more
below) and something of a demonstration of the simplicity of TWiki.  (I
originally wrote this as an email (draft) and planned to simply copy and
paste it to TWiki.  That is essentially what I did, but because of the
intrusions of my (real life) schedule, I did a little editing on TWiki before
sending this.  But, the following (except for this <introduction>) is a
verbabim copy of what I pasted into WikiLearn at
http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/TWikiAdvocacyForTheLdpRaw.  Please
take a look.

After writing this and looking back at Rodolfo's questions, I realized I
hadn't explicitly answered them (and maybe not even implicitly).  Shortly
after posting this, I will start a second response focusing specifically on
his questions.  (And I will be much briefer.)

I know that I suggested or supported moves toward a wiki in the past.  I don't
recall very well, but I think one time at least, I didn't push the idea very
hard because Lampadas was on the horizon.  We can start using a wiki this
afternoon, and if Lampadas or something similar does come to pass, we can
abandon the appropriate parts of the wiki and move them into Lampadas.

regards,
Randy Kramer
</introduction>

---++ !! Contents