discuss: Re: Review Projects (was: Is PHP-HOWTO some kind of joke ? (fwd))

Subject: Re: Review Projects (was: Is PHP-HOWTO some kind of joke ? (fwd))
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 9 Nov 2003 22:47:38 -0000

On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 19:45, rahul wrote:
> > The PHP-HOWTO is by Al Dev and he's written a number of other HOWTOs
> > which are likely just about as bad as PHP and probably should be
> > removed.  But I've haven't read most of them so if anyone has time,
> > could they briefly review his other "works" (or "pranks").
>
> right. I was just looking at the kernel howto and it seems to rather
> convoluted. can the reviewers take a look at all these stuff and take
> appropriate steps.

This is something that should probably be a side-project, best handled
by one or two people, working with the author.  Unfortunately, the small
group of us reviewing right now are busy keeping on top of the new docs
coming in.  I think concensus on the staff list was to make a project
out of reviewing these particular HOWTOs.  It has yet to be determined
whether the existing content can be reworked, or if complete rewrites
are needed on the balance of those HOWTOs.

> is there any way to quickly list all the documents maintained by a particular
> author

We have no database.  There's still a lot of work to be done.

Tab
--
Tabatha Marshall
Web: www.merlinmonroe.com