discuss: Re: Draft of the Mock Mainframe Mini-Howto

Subject: Re: Draft of the Mock Mainframe Mini-Howto
From: "Binh Nguyen" ####@####.####
Date: 29 Sep 2003 05:17:40 -0000

Scot W. Stevenson wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I have completed a first draft of the Mock Mainframe Mini-Howto, and
> would be most grateful for any comments, corrections, or simple
> feedback from anyone here who could spare some time:
>
> "A brief description of a standard way to set up and work with a
> computer network for a small group of people that is inexpensive to
> build, easy to administer, and relatively safe. It is written for
> users who might not be completely familiar with all of the concepts
> involved."
>
> A HTML version can be found at
>
> http://www.possum.in-berlin.de/scot/mock_mainframe_howto_20030928.html
>
> The text itself is in DocBook XML.
>
> Thank you,
> Y, Scot

Hi Scot,

Only had a cursory glance at the document.

In section "Some background on X."
Maybe a cross reference to LBX HOWTO, DXPC, SSH Tunelling X. Insecurity of
X?

In section "Getting to X from the outside."
Cross reference to GDM or remove that section and refer entirely to XDM
related HOWTOs?

In section "Linux Terminals"
Reference to PXE, NFS-Root HOWTO?

In section "X Server Programs"
Free X server for Windows, Cygwin? (yes, I know that development is rather
non-existent)

In section "Shared Resources"
Create ISO file for CD. Mount to loopback device. Export via NFS. Maybe take
into account general system administration. More cross-referencing....
sigh....

References to clustering?

Well written and doesn't put people to sleep. Congratulations =)

Binh.