discuss: Help with iso image files under Windows.

Subject: Help with iso image files under Windows.
From: Chris Gehlker ####@####.####
Date: 12 Sep 2003 18:57:22 -0000

I'm writing my first mini-HowTo about installing and running Linux
under Virtual PC. I'm trying to make it apply whether the virtual
computer is hosted on Windows or Mac OS since most of the issues seem
to be the same. I've run into a problem with Windows, though, in that
out of the box it doesn't seem to understand iso image files.  It can
neither burn them nor mount them.

I've been told that on Windows folks address this with third party
utilities but I don't have a feel for whether there is one program that
everyone uses. If I just tell typical Windows users to mount and/or
burn an  iso image will they understand? If I have to step them through
it, is there some, hopefully free, program that I can recommend?

TIA,
Chris

-
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards.
-Lewis Carroll, mathematician and writer (1832-1898)