discuss: About Lunux Documentation Library

Subject: Re: About Lunux Documentation Library
From: "Oleg Vyushin" ####@####.####
Date: 28 Aug 2003 20:05:23 -0000

Hi, Sean

Yes, future Linux Documentation Library will be using current information
from the base system web sites (http://tldp.org). But the future "Linux
Documentation Library"  on Fultus elibrary web site
(http://elibrary.fultus.com) will not be a mirror of files from TLDP. This
is documentation collection in the searchable (through all collection
simultaneously) Web Help format (check similar collection: FreeBSD -
http://elibrary.fultus.com/mergedProjects/FreeBSD%20Documentation/index.htm
and RedHat -
http://elibrary.fultus.com/mergedProjects/Red%20Hat%20Documentation/index.htm).

Search: This is not only index - this is full text serch.

I could say this is Unix analog Microsoft MSDN library.

Is there something else?

1. Linux/RedHat/FreeBSD documentation in ONE place.

2. I think handy navigation and accessibility any information from one
navigation panel.

3. Creation ebooks in a different format is the future part of my project
for all Unix systems. eBook formats:

a.. Searchable Adobe PDF format with Bookmark link page (different for
desktop and PDA);
a.. Compiled HTML format (chm) (for Windows);
a.. Microsoft Reader format (lit) (for Windows).

Examples:

You can try downloadable eBooks of the 4.6 FreeBSD from main FreeBSD page
http://elibrary.fultus.com/mergedProjects/FreeBSD%20Documentation/index.htm
or
http://www.fultus.com/free/documentation.phtml -

Thanks