discuss: Xnews-under-Linux-HOWTO

Subject: Xnews-under-Linux-HOWTO
From: core_dump ####@####.####
Date: 23 Aug 2003 23:31:12 -0000

Hi,

I have written a HOWTO describing how to get the Windows newsreader Xnews
to work under Linux. It discusses how to get it to work as well as how to
deal with problems that may arise. Future versions may cover the other
popular Windows newsreader 40tude Dialog as well. I have reviewed it with
the people at news.software.readers and have been told to discuss the HOWTO
in this mailing list before submitting the final version to the LDP.

The HOWTO is in plain text format and an HTML version is finished but has
not yet been released. It can be accessed at
<http://www.geocities.com/core_dump_000/Xnews-under-Linux-HOWTO.txt>
(Geocities' free service has horrible bandwidth limits so you may not be
able to reach the page without waiting for a while). The official LDP
release will be LDP licensed, although until it is officially released
standard copyright law applies.

Please review this HOWTO; I am looking for suggestions before I officially
submit it.

Thanks,

--
-Dan