discuss: Need disclaimer boilerplate

Subject: Re: Need disclaimer boilerplate
From: "David Braun" ####@####.####
Date: 20 Aug 2003 04:20:54 -0000

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 19:52, Adam wrote:
> I want to include a disclaimer section which absolves me of any
> responsibility since it's possible through the use of encryption to lose
> data.  Can someone point me to a good boilerplate for this?  I think
> it'd be useful to put into the LDP Author Guide.

Silly me, I just found such a disclaimer in the Authoring Templates
(http://www.tldp.org/authors/index.html#resources).  Here it is:

        No liability for the contents of this document can be accepted.
        Use the concepts, examples and information at your own risk.
        There may be errors and inaccuracies, that could be damaging to
        your system. Proceed with caution, and although this is highly
        unlikely, the author(s) do not take any responsibility.

        All copyrights are held by their by their respective owners,
        unless specifically noted otherwise. Use of a term in this
        document should not be regarded as affecting the validity of any
        trademark or service mark. Naming of particular products or
        brands should not be seen as endorsements.

David