discuss: SCO copyright violations on LDP

Subject: Re: SCO copyright violations on LDP
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 7 Aug 2003 06:07:48 -0000

Colin Watson wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 05:44:36PM -0700, Tabatha Marshall wrote:
>
>>I'm hoping to determine the impact on the LDP, but more importantly, the
>>authors.
>>
>>The concept of being allowed to print a copy of an LDP doc from SCO's
>>site, ONLY provided it contains the SCO copyright notice, is
>>preposterous.  And that's what it states on the link to SCO's legal
>>page, quite clearly.
>

> Yup; I have absolutely no argument with that. :)
>
> Cheers,

I have.

what do you mean by "being allowed to print a copy of an LDP doc from
SCO's site" ?

does this have any meaning in the html world? How can one prove the
origin of a printed document? given there are no modifications _inside_
the document, there is absolutly no way to see fromm where this document
come from.

it could be if the printing is done from screen shots and the extra
licensing could concern the extra margin data.

however, I think this thread is a too large waste of banwith. LDP is
frre doc, LDP site is easy to find and we must work keeping it up to
date and don't worry about all the rest.

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
Formation Linux