discuss: Author Guide - Writing a New HOWTO in DocBook

Subject: RE: Author Guide - Writing a New HOWTO in DocBook
From: Steven Peck ####@####.####
Date: 21 Mar 2001 19:18:35 -0000

Would a HOSTS file on the local machine pointing to a local mirror help
while you are 'on the plane'?

127.0.0.1   oasis-open.org

OR this?

<!DOCTYPE article
  PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
  "http://local/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd">

With one, you would have to remember to redo your HOSTS file when you
reconnected, with the other, you would have to redo the doc header before
final release and with both you would have to have a web server loaded
locally, but don't we all have that?  :)

or would this work while you were 'off the net'?
<!DOCTYPE article
  PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
  "c:\docbook\xml\4.1.2\docbookx.dtd">

or Linux/UNIX equiv path name convention.
Just curious while trying to figure this out.

Steven Peck                  ####@####.####
                       http://leaf.blkmtn.org