discuss: SCO copyright violations on LDP

Subject: Re: SCO copyright violations on LDP
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 7 Aug 2003 00:38:40 -0000

I'm hoping to determine the impact on the LDP, but more importantly, the
authors.

The concept of being allowed to print a copy of an LDP doc from SCO's
site, ONLY provided it contains the SCO copyright notice, is
preposterous.  And that's what it states on the link to SCO's legal
page, quite clearly.

The GFDL, one of the most common documentation licenses, specifies that
docs can be copied and distributed for profit or not, as long as the
GFDL and copyright is preserved, and no other conditions are added to
this license.  This also applies to publicly displayed documents (such
as those on SCO's site).

I know the other open source licenses aren't as comprehensive as the
GFDL, but in this case, it still seems like a violation to me against
any of the LDP documents at SCO containing the GFDL.

Tab

--
Tabatha Marshall
Web: www.merlinmonroe.com