discuss: Docbook, Xml, Jade etc.

Subject: Re: Docbook, Xml, Jade etc.
From: Stein Gjoen ####@####.####
Date: 3 Aug 2003 22:20:28 -0000

Simon Anderson wrote:

[snip]

> So far, you have insinuated or flat out stated that I am a troll,
> incompetent, insecure, inconsistent and worst of all that my document is
> unlikely to be worthwhile. You've also, against all reason, belittled any
> suggestion that the Author Guide is unhelpful and that there are barriers
> to publication at the LDP difficult for new Authors to overcome.

The barriers are well known and the templates are my efforts to
simplify the matters for new authors. Like a few others I use LinuxDoc
which is available as a debian package and works out of the box.

Various online editing tools have been proposed but as always we are
lacking the time and resources to do this yet.

> Tabatha considers you to have "been here to help." Which I take to
> mean that your opinions are ones with which she (and by extension
> the rest of LDP) agrees. I disagree however and think that your posts
> prove my initial point; the LDP (or rather; elements of it) present a
> barrier to new authors.

Actually there is no single person in TLDP that has the auhority to
speak on behalf of everyone else; considering the wide spectrum of
opinions that would quite simply be impossible.

There used to be another option to installing the entire tool chain, to
process documents using a mail based service, is this still operational?

Regards,
    Stein Gjoen