discuss: Re: Docbook, Xml, Jade etc. - using Apache Cocoon to valid8

Subject: Re: Docbook, Xml, Jade etc. - using Apache Cocoon to valid8
From: ####@####.####
Date: 29 Jul 2003 17:53:53 -0000

I have Apache Cocoon installed on my machine. And it can do a pretty good
job of validating, and you can see the output as well (to verify the
presentation). Easy to install as well. Take about 20 mins.

I have documented the installation instruction @
http://www.xml-dev.com:8080/cocoon/mount/docbook/openjade.html#N4004BD
(Infact this document is hosted on Cocoon)

In Peace,
Saqib Ali

                      Luc de Louw
                      ####@####.####          To:       "Martin A. Brown" ####@####.####
                      No Phone Info            cc:       ####@####.#### ####@####.####
                      Available                Subject:  Re: Docbook, Xml, Jade etc.

                      07/29/2003 10:44
                      AM

[..]

http://umn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/docbook/docbook-dsssl-1.78.tar.gz

http://umn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/docbook/docbook-xsl-1.61.3.tar.gz
> $ tar xvzf docbook-xsl-1.61.3.tar.gz
> $ ln -s docbook-xsl-1.61.3 xsl
> $ wget http://www.tldp.org/authors/tools/docbkx412.zip
> $ mkdir -p dtds/4.1.2
> $ cd dtds/4.1.2
> $ unzip ../../docbkx412.zip
[..]

>    ** Conclusion **
>
> So, Simon--YES--DocBook is difficult and frustrating, but you will

- From my point of view, writing in DocBook is easy after looking at some
examples.

But installing the tools, dtd, etc is the hell.

I once got the whole stuff running, but unfortunately my computer crashed,
and
now I'm unable to set up DocBook SGML again :-(

To review a own document before releasing it needs the tools installed.

The "LDP Author Guide" is generally a very valuable document, but I think
it
would be great to rework parts of section 3, especially a guide how the
tools
needs to be installed would be great (In the style like Martin made it in
his
Mail) for both DocBook XML and SGML.

If someone can point me to the right way what is needed to get SGML up und
running again, any hints would be appreciated. (I then can start updating
my
two HOWTOs :-)

rgds

Luc