discuss: Docbook, Xml, Jade etc.

Subject: Re: Docbook, Xml, Jade etc.
From: Morgon Kanter ####@####.####
Date: 29 Jul 2003 07:01:37 -0000

> > But as you've apparently just gone through a five-minute Road-to-Damascus
> > conversion allowing you to join what you obviously perceive to be some
> > sort of elite in-group (??!!??) and thereby ridding you of your
> > insecurity problems as an outsider, I await your 'LDP cruft'-generated
> > contributions to the project -- in 'some unnecessary alternative format'
> > -- with interest.
>
> I'm sure your continued attempts to bait me are what Tabatha considers to
> be in the "we've all been here to help you" category.
>
> I do not consider LDP to be any sort of "in-group." While I have found
> many of the posts concerning my frustration with the awful Author Howto
> to be helpful and informative, I consider the LDP to be poorly represented
> by members like you.

Let's please not start a pissing contest here people. Anyway, I
maintain that you can get the hang of docbook XML in 5 minutes from
these slides: http://www.lodestar2.com/people/dyork/talks/2002/ols/docbook-tutorial/frames/frames.html

Also, I admit that the author guide has serious problems, but you
don't need to read the author guide (I hadn't read it until after I
had written my first howto). Anyway, there's links on TLDP for
learning docbook, those slides are one of those links, and the others
are high quality as well. And remember -- you don't need to install
the stylesheets or the DTD. If you have "xmllint", you can validate
the documents with no problem. The only thing you'll be missing is the
preview ability.

Morgon
--
"Man is the only creature capable of hating itself" -- Governor of Japan
in The End of Evangelion