discuss: Docbook, Xml, Jade etc.

Subject: Re: Docbook, Xml, Jade etc.
From: Simon Anderson ####@####.####
Date: 29 Jul 2003 06:51:51 -0000

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Martin WHEELER wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Simon Anderson wrote:
>
> > It's quite an indictment of LDP that people like you _can_ fix the
> > problems that new Authors face, yet chose not to do so.
>
> Depends IF we're asked to.
> And if so, HOW we're asked.
>
> (And you should be aware that you're just as much a part of TLDP as I
> am, 'new Author' or no.)
>
> But as you've apparently just gone through a five-minute Road-to-Damascus
> conversion allowing you to join what you obviously perceive to be some
> sort of elite in-group (??!!??) and thereby ridding you of your
> insecurity problems as an outsider, I await your 'LDP cruft'-generated
> contributions to the project -- in 'some unnecessary alternative format'
> -- with interest.

I'm sure your continued attempts to bait me are what Tabatha considers to
be in the "we've all been here to help you" category.

I do not consider LDP to be any sort of "in-group." While I have found
many of the posts concerning my frustration with the awful Author Howto
to be helpful and informative, I consider the LDP to be poorly represented
by members like you.

So far, you have insinuated or flat out stated that I am a troll,
incompetent, insecure, inconsistent and worst of all that my document is
unlikely to be worthwhile. You've also, against all reason, belittled any
suggestion that the Author Guide is unhelpful and that there are barriers
to publication at the LDP difficult for new Authors to overcome.

Tabatha considers you to have "been here to help." Which I take to
mean that your opinions are ones with which she (and by extension
the rest of LDP) agrees. I disagree however and think that your posts
prove my initial point; the LDP (or rather; elements of it) present a
barrier to new authors.

Love your work.

-Simon.