discuss: Docbook, Xml, Jade etc.

Subject: Re: Docbook, Xml, Jade etc.
From: Simon Anderson ####@####.####
Date: 28 Jul 2003 10:29:15 -0000

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Martin WHEELER wrote:
> You don't.  If it bugs you that much, and you've _really_ got something
> interesting to say, write it in flat ASCII and submit it with a request
> that someone more competent mark it up for you.

Please give me a link in the Author guide which proposes this as an
option.

> You sound like the perfect candidate for writing it, then.
> (BTW -- did you ask for help anywhere before blasting off on all
> barrels?)

Like every other potential LDP author, I was pointed at the Author Guide.

> What's your solution?  Would you care to help sort it?
> Can we have a constructive suggestion as to how to do this?
> What colour would you like it in?

That is obviosuly a task fomr the Author Guide maitainers and/or someone
with a solid understanding of docbook.

> I look forward to reading your description of how you did it.  It will
> greatly help others.  (Make sure you cover all 300+ distributions of
> Linux on all eleven architectures supported.)

Ridiculous.

> Let's start with the five billion who don't even have a computer, shall
> we ...

None of those five billion are likely to have any interest in a Linux
Howto. It amuses me that you think it is necessary to publish in a format
that they can use.

> P.S.  'unhtml' is your friend.
> And I have deliberately refrained from sending you a personal copy of
> this message in HTML, whilst retaining the plain-text version for the
> list.  That would only be petty and childish.  However satisfying.

It's quite an indictment of LDP that people like you _can_ fix the
problems that new Authors face, yet chose not to do so.

Seriously, go fuck yourself.

-Simon.