discuss: Docbook, Xml, Jade etc.

Subject: Re: Docbook, Xml, Jade etc.
From: Shuvam Misra ####@####.####
Date: 28 Jul 2003 06:00:10 -0000

> Instead of improving my content, I am wasting countless hours working
> step by step through the Author Guide, only to get output like the
> following. This is not worthwhile use of any author's time.
>
> I ask you to consider what Stephen King needs to know about printing
> presses and type setting. Further, I ask that you consider how many
> authors like me decide that the LDP just isn't worth the effort.

I agree. I agree. And I believe most people in the LDP too will agree
with you that any difficulties faced in infrastructure setup will put
off valuable potential authors. So, yes, the assistance you get from the
Author's Guide or other online help is not "good enough."

All I'm saying is that I treat this as "volunteer work", therefore I
prefer to figure out a workaround, or figure out a way to contribute to
improving it. No point wasting my energy getting upset over the parts
which are not good enough; let's just improve things. It's a long and
very hard upward trudge, and all LDP veterans will probably agree on
this.

Shuvam