discuss: Proposal: Sybase ASE / SQL Server HOWTO

Subject: Re: Proposal: Sybase ASE / SQL Server HOWTO
From: Greg Ferguson ####@####.####
Date: 11 Jul 2003 20:48:34 -0000

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 20:57:08 +0200 Kian Spongsveen ####@####.#### wrote:

> I'm planning to write a HOWTO on Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise / SQL
> Server. There are various versions available with different licensing
> etc.
> I expect to have an initial suggestion for an outline of the doc quite
> soon.
>
> The title will be:
> "Sybase ASE / SQL Server HOWTO"

Sounds reasonable. I added this to our list of
works "in progress" - http://tldp.org/authors/inprogress.html

Let me/us know when you have a draft available.

Here are some pointers to help you get started:

  Start with the LDP Author Guide:

    http://tldp.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/

  In our "author's resources" area:

    http://tldp.org/authors/#resources

  there are pointers to various helpful documents/books including:

   DocBook: The Definitive Guide, by Norman Walsh and Leonard Muellner
   http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/docbook.html

   DocBook XML/SGML Processing Using OpenJade, by Saqib Ali
   http://tldp.org/HOWTO/DocBook-OpenJade-SGML-XML-HOWTO/

   DocBook Install mini-HOWTO, by Robert B Easter
   http://tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/DocBook-Install/

  and there also pointers to downloadable template files for
  HOWTOs (in DocBook SGML/XML and Linuxdoc SGML).

--
Greg