discuss: re gnu linux tools summary -- can anyone think of a better name?

Subject: Re: re gnu linux tools summary -- can anyone think of a better name?
From: "Chris Karakas" ####@####.####
Date: 10 Jul 2003 10:21:57 -0000

> sorry, I didn't follow this thread till the beginning. I just see now in
> the draft document it uses scripts to make docbook correct documents
> from LyX.

Right. ;-)

> are theses scripts widely usable? where one can find them?

I wrote them. There is a main script, then there are some (moderately elaborate) sed
and awk scripts. You press the button, they do the rest - of course only if the
whole TeX, LaTeX, Openjade, DocBook etc. machinery is already installed.

They are not yet publicly available - BUT: Give me 2 weeks time and they will be
:-). I am currently writing the description to those scripts and, I must say, it has
been an undertaking without precedence for me (taking into account that we are
talking about a few scripts): I am at 105 pages and still have to describe the
Bibliography part...

I will be offline for 5 days, I hope as soon as I return I will be able to finish
the document within a week or so.

Without a description of what is going on,  you will be lost, so I am reluctant to
release them without one.

> The document is very well formated

Thanks - did you look at all the formats or only the HTML?

> (sorry again, I can't say about the
> content - too long a reading)

Be mentally prepared: you will *have* to read the document on my scripts, if you
want to use them, and it is just as long a reading - even longer! :-D (O.K., just
kidding a little, you will not need to read that much to *use* them, only if you
also want to *understand* them).

Regards

Chris Karakas
http://www.karakas-online.de