discuss: Secure POP via SSH

Subject: Re: Secure POP via SSH
From: Colin Watson ####@####.####
Date: 8 Jul 2003 09:39:27 -0000

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 01:11:20PM -0700, Tabatha Marshall wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 12:07, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> > Is there a standard procedure for this kind of thing? I checked the LDP
> > Author Guide under "Maintaining your HOWTO" and the Contribute/Help page,
> > but I didn't see anything obvious.
>
> He's not using a standard license.  His copyright reads:
>
> "Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of this
> manual provided the copyright notice and this permission notice are
> preserved on all copies.
>
> Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions of this
> document under the conditions for verbatim copying, provided that this
> copyright notice is included exactly as in the original, and that the
> entire resulting derived work is distributed under the terms of a
> permission notice identical to this one.
>
> Permission is granted to copy and distribute translations of this
> document into another language, under the above conditions for modified
> versions."
>
> From the above, it looks like you could update the document if you
> didn't hear from the author if you do what is asked above, but I'd like
> to hear more feedback from the rest of the gang.

That's a variant of the traditional "do what you want as long as you
keep the copyright notice" licence on LDP documents (it also covers the
Ethernet-HOWTO and the Module-HOWTO). Should be fine for other people to
work on that document.

> > PS I need a TLDP mug. If one were suddenly available (for purchase)
> > it would please me to no extent.
>
> That got me searching, and I was surprised to only find t-shirts!  Count
> me in on that...I'd most definitely buy an LDP mug too!

<AOL />

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson                                  ####@####.####