discuss: A Linux Wireless Access Point Howto

Subject: Re: A Linux Wireless Access Point Howto
From: Simon Anderson ####@####.####
Date: 8 Jul 2003 01:42:09 -0000

NZWireless is shorhand for "New Zealand Wireless" a community wireless
project, which I think is described in the introduction.

Integrating with  a community wireless project is covered in the howto
extensively, as I assume that such integration is a goal for most people
building a Linux AP.

-Simon.

On 7 Jul 2003, Tabatha Marshall wrote:

> >From what I saw of your document via the link, it looks very good!  I
> wouldn't mind seeing some technical feedback on this doc.
>
> In your abstract you mention that some content is specific to
> NZ-wireless.  Forgive me, I don't know what that is, could you explain?
>
> If it's not an obvious term, it could help to clarify that with a short
> definition.  Or am I missing something really simple?  :D
>
> Tabatha
>
> On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 18:13, Simon Anderson wrote:
> > The Linux Wireless Access Point document I have written shares little with
> > the pre-existing documents at tldp.org. I don't think that there is much
> > if any cross over and little scope for integration.
> >
> > A month ago I informed the authors of "Wireless Howto" (Roberto
> > Arcomano) and "Link-sys WPC11 Mini-HOWTO" (Gerardo
> > Arnaez) of my work. The former is a somewhat dated document describing
> > some methods for configuring a Linux wireless client and the later is
> > concerned with the client configuration for a particular wifi card.
> >
> > In comparison, the HOWTO I have written is about configuring Linux to act
> > as an Access Point and integrate with an existing wired and wireless
> > infrastructure.
> >
> > -Simon.
> >

> > On 7 Jul 2003, Tabatha Marshall wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Simon,
> > >
> > > Sounds interesting.  Be sure to check out similar documents at
> > > http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/hardware.html#HWWIRELESS though,
> > > to make sure.  You may want to let folks know how this differs from
> > > what's already in the collection if you've already checked them out.
> > >
> > > So you may have already done this, but I wanted to make sure!
> > >
> > > Tabatha

> > http://lists.tldp.org/

Simon Robert Anderson		Mo: +64 (0) 21 891 826