discuss: Secure POP via SSH

Subject: Re: Secure POP via SSH
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 7 Jul 2003 20:08:04 -0000

On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 12:07, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> As a general heads up I've emailed the author of
> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/Secure-POP+SSH.html with some questions and
> have offered to help update the document to clarify some of what I found
> confusing. The document was last updated in 1998. No word yet from the
> author, but the email hasn't bounced and it's only been a day or so.

Let's hope you get a reply, which would be the easiest!

> Is there a standard procedure for this kind of thing? I checked the LDP
> Author Guide under "Maintaining your HOWTO" and the Contribute/Help page,
> but I didn't see anything obvious.

He's not using a standard license.  His copyright reads:

"Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of this
manual provided the copyright notice and this permission notice are
preserved on all copies.

Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions of this
document under the conditions for verbatim copying, provided that this
copyright notice is included exactly as in the original, and that the
entire resulting derived work is distributed under the terms of a
permission notice identical to this one.

Permission is granted to copy and distribute translations of this
document into another language, under the above conditions for modified
versions."

>From the above, it looks like you could update the document if you
didn't hear from the author if you do what is asked above, but I'd like
to hear more feedback from the rest of the gang.

> PS I need a TLDP mug. If one were suddenly available (for purchase)
> it would please me to no extent.

That got me searching, and I was surprised to only find t-shirts!  Count
me in on that...I'd most definitely buy an LDP mug too!

--
Tabatha Marshall
Web: www.merlinmonroe.com