discuss: Suggestion: study guides

Subject: Re: Suggestion: study guides
From: "Chris Karakas" ####@####.####
Date: 3 Jul 2003 21:11:35 -0000

Yes, some kind of reindexing the HOWTOs under various criteria, that would be an
added value. Let me give an example:

See how Mark Pilgrim has organized his book on accessibility:
http://www.diveintoaccessibility.org/

There, you have the direct "Let's dive in" entry and the more classical "Table of
contents" link. But then there are a few others that organize the material from
various points of view:

----------------

[*]All tips, in the order in which they were originally published. The recommended
way to read the book for the first time: Tips by person

[*]Here the tips are grouped by the people who benefit from them: Tips by disability

[*]Here the tips are grouped by the disabilities that benefit from them. This
includes both physical and technological disabilities: Tips by design principle

[*]Here the tips are grouped by design principles proposed by the W3C. All web pages
should be perceivable, operable, navigable, understandable, and robust: Tips by web
browser

[*]Here the tips are grouped by the web browsers or assistive technologies that
benefit from them: Tips by publishing tool

----------------

Substitute "Tips" by "HOWTOs" and you get the idea. We could then add as many such
"indices" as we like, or as the volunteers send them:

[*]Here are the HOWTOs from the sysadmin's point of view: SysAdmin's HOWTOs Study
Guide

[*]Here are the HOWTOs from the Newbie's point of view: Newbie's HOWTOs Study Guide

[*]Here are the HOWTOs from the desktop's point of view: Desktop HOWTOs Study Guide

[*]Here are the HOWTOs from the server's point of view: Server HOWTOs Study Guide

[*]Here are the HOWTOs from the Geek's point of view: Geek's HOWTOs Study Guide

etc.

Each Study Guide would just be a "reindexed" List of HOWTOs, no need to be more than
that.

Chris

Machtelt Garrels ####@####.#### schrieb:

>http://lists.tldp.org/