discuss: feedbacks on my documents

Subject: Re: feedbacks on my documents
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 19 Jun 2003 07:29:24 -0000

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 04:02:27PM +0100, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>

> I authored the following documents
>
> LDP FAQ - i would like to cover more material if
> necessary and make it comprehensive.does it lack
> anything now?

There are a lot of things wrong with it.  Such an FAQ should have been
written by volunteers that have followed the mailing list for some time
and understand more about LDP.

> Deciding If Linux is right for you HOWTO - this one
> has been recently released.I would like more feedback
> on it. I am planning to revise it shortly. what more
> should i add?

I didn't find much in the HOWTO about "Is Linux right for you".  Where
is the discussion of why Linux hasn't made more inroads on the desktop?
There are many problem with hardware not supported under Linux, but
supported under Window.  A lot of hardware is sort-of supported under
Linux (provided you compile the kernel yourself, are willing to not use
some of the functionality, etc.).  Where is all this (and more)
discussed?

Since Linux is used primarily for servers, where is the discussion on
what type of servers it's used on and if you should use it for servers?
It seems that you assumed that the reader was considering using Linux on
the desktop.

I get the impression that you haven't done the in-depth research needed
to write good HOWTOs on these topics.