discuss: Some of the main problems of the libre documentation

Subject: Re: Some of the main problems of the libre documentation
From: Mary Gardiner ####@####.####
Date: 18 Jun 2003 02:08:00 -0000

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003, David Lawyer wrote:
> And such presentation are usually up-to-date, by people with recent
> hands-on experience.  I thought of sending out a form letter to them.
> O'Reilly already did this and gives free books to reviewers.  Would
> this be spamming?  I'll check to see if I can find a mailing list for
> LUG contacts.

Judging from my own LUG's list, a mass-mail with absolutely no
targetting whatsoever aside from "hey you guys do Linux and so do we!"
would not be favourably regarded.

Some kind of indication of research (ie "I see you had a presentation on
vim...") would make the judgement much more favourable.

Also, if the LUG has a committee or administrators of any type, asking
them if the mail is appropriate can be a good idea.

-Mary