discuss: XML template use

Subject: Re: XML template use
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 17 Mar 2001 02:05:14 -0000

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 02:04:11PM -0800, Steven Peck wrote:
> Greetings again all,
>
> Well, I am busily slogging my way through books and such with XML and
> watching the other discussion on checking xml versions and such, learned a
> lot.  Making progress on enlightenment.
>
> I have another question.  Would it be appropriate for me to use the source
> of the xml version of the LDP-Authors-Guide as a template for writing my
> own?  The copyright stuff confuses me all to pieces, as does wether it would
> be appropriate.  I've been looking at the source for a few days now, and it
> looks feasable from my point of view.
>
> Trying to difference out the sgml templates vs xml depreciated tags(??)
> makes my head hurt.  I'd rather just concentrate on the XML stuff and work
> from an existing 'known good' document.

Feel free to use the LAG as a template, and if you run into problems
then let us know. We want it to be a paragon of proper docbook usage.
Bug reports help.

:-)

There are other templates available.

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####
                                       Finger me for my public key

Standards are crucial.  And the best thing about standards is: there are
so ____many to choose from!