discuss: overwhelmed by the LDP author guide

Subject: Re: overwhelmed by the LDP author guide
From: Emma Jane Hogbin ####@####.####
Date: 13 Jun 2003 04:42:51 -0000

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 04:05:32PM -0700, Tabatha Marshall wrote:
> I just wanted to point out that even if you can't get this into XML or
> SGML yourself, someone on the review team can probably give you a hand.

I want to give it a fighting chance first. :) I know that the words need
to be modified as well (I can't exactly refer to the sidebar anymore).

> If I can be of any assistance or answer any other questions, please let
> me know!  I'm kind of process-oriented too; maybe we can work together
> to find out what will best work for you.

Thanks. :) I'm working on this one right now:
http://linuxdoc.com/howto/emacs_sgml/index.lxp?lxpwrap=x77%2ehtm
(that page only, really)

and following the structure of this:
http://cvsview.tldp.org/index.cgi/*checkout*/LDP/howto/docbook/RedHat-CD-HOWTO/RedHat-CD-HOWTO.sgml?rev=1.4&content-type=text/plain

I installed all the emacs/sgml stuff but I'm butterfingers when it comes
to emacs. I've flipped back to vim and am just going through trying to
figure out what should be what. I've converted the easy stuff: title,
emphasis para, ulink, screen; added sections (sect1, sect2); and added
the author notes at the beginning of the file. Tomorrow will be unordered
lists, definition lists, kbd and var.

The syntax coloring in vim tells me whether or not the tag is valid.
(Yellow = yes, blue = no)

I'll try to revise the text as I go to take out the text references to a
"side bar" -- I'm pretty sure I can still link internally within the
document, but I'm too tired to remember what the element is right now.

I'll let you know if I run into any other major problems.

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]