discuss: overwhelmed by the LDP author guide

Subject: Re: overwhelmed by the LDP author guide
From: Emma Jane Hogbin ####@####.####
Date: 12 Jun 2003 20:51:20 -0000

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 10:34:00PM +0000, Guillaume LELARGE wrote:
> Search and replace would give no good. Replace manually the tags, I think it
> is better... even if it is longer to you.

Mostly for <p> --> <para> which is pretty straight
forward. I'll have to add the sections as there is no HTML equivalent used in
my document right now.

> I don't think you can leave the sidebar. Integrate it perhaps near the end,
> juste before your references... or add it as an appendix.

Do you think I should try and integrate the information again, or leave it
as an appendix? The article as a whole is very generic and I don't want
people turned off because I use the "D" word. Or maybe it's better to have
the information summarized on its own page?

> It seems you did a
> lot of research: "references" is an important part of your document.

I had a fair amount printed and bookmarked from when I was trying to get
my own system working. Then when I sent it out to the
different mailing lists I had lots of other suggestions for resources. As
you've probably noticed I have two sections which are copied and pasted
directly from emails. (And, yes, they do know they've been quoted in the
document. They've even sent corrections to the text I'd used before and
after what they'd said.)

> Oh and by the way... I don't think it came one year too late :)

thanks :) It was really only one person who said that but I laughed
because I know *exactly* how it feels to find exactly what you were
looking for after you don't need it anymore.

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]