discuss: overwhelmed by the LDP author guide

Subject: Re: overwhelmed by the LDP author guide
From: Guillaume LELARGE ####@####.####
Date: 12 Jun 2003 20:26:00 -0000

Le Jeudi 12 Juin 2003 19:27, Emma Jane Hogbin a écrit :
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 09:30:23PM +0000, Guillaume LELARGE wrote:
> > Don't know, but if you're comfortable with XHTML, it won't be a hard
> > thing to understand/do. The best advice I could give you is to take a
> > "small" HOWTO or a mini-howto source file and see how it is written.
> > Perhaps you can take a look at the RedHat-CD HOWTO, really well written
>
> This helps, thanks! I also found the debian page for the complete list of
> packages I needed. I was hoping that I would be able to search and replace
> for tags in my HTML and do most of the translation that way. It
> already validates as XHTML 1.0 Transitional, so that will help as well.

Search and replace would give no good. Replace manually the tags, I think it
is better... even if it is longer to you.

> > It seems really interesting. I didn't read it completely but I will do it
> > tomorrow.
> > If you don't mind, I would be glad to translate it in french as soon as
> > you finished it.
>
> Thanks. :) I think I have most of the text in now but I'm still working on
> the order of the sections. I'm not sure if I should integrate the sidebar
> or leave it as its own page. On the first version that I wrote I had the
> two integrated and people felt it was too confusing...

I don't think you can leave the sidebar. Integrate it perhaps near the end,
juste before your references... or add it as an appendix. It seems you did a
lot of research: "references" is an important part of your document.

Oh and by the way... I don't think it came one year too late :)

--
Guillaume <!-- http://absfr.tuxfamily.org/ -->.