discuss: overwhelmed by the LDP author guide

Subject: Re: overwhelmed by the LDP author guide
From: Emma Jane Hogbin ####@####.####
Date: 12 Jun 2003 19:33:24 -0000

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 09:30:23PM +0000, Guillaume LELARGE wrote:
> Don't know, but if you're comfortable with XHTML, it won't be a hard thing to
> understand/do. The best advice I could give you is to take a "small" HOWTO or
> a mini-howto source file and see how it is written. Perhaps you can take a
> look at the RedHat-CD HOWTO, really well written

This helps, thanks! I also found the debian page for the complete list of
packages I needed. I was hoping that I would be able to search and replace
for tags in my HTML and do most of the translation that way. It
already validates as XHTML 1.0 Transitional, so that will help as well.

> It seems really interesting. I didn't read it completely but I will do it
> tomorrow.
> If you don't mind, I would be glad to translate it in french as soon as you
> finished it.

Thanks. :) I think I have most of the text in now but I'm still working on
the order of the sections. I'm not sure if I should integrate the sidebar
or leave it as its own page. On the first version that I wrote I had the
two integrated and people felt it was too confusing...

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]