discuss: overwhelmed by the LDP author guide

Subject: Re: overwhelmed by the LDP author guide
From: Greg Ferguson ####@####.####
Date: 12 Jun 2003 18:46:39 -0000

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 14:35:31 -0400 Emma Jane Hogbin ####@####.#### wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm working on an ACPI HOWTO right now. I've had a couple of requests to
> submit it to the TLPD. I've never produced a DocBook document, but am
> very
> comfortable with XHTML (and validators). I've read through the Author
> Guide but I'm feeling a little overwhelmed...is there something that's a
> little more Step 1, Step 2, Step 3?
>
> For those that are interested, the draft I'm working on is here:
> http://xtrinsic.com/geek/articles/acpi.phtml
>
> It has received very good feedback to date from the following mailing
> lists: techtalk (linuxchix), debian-user, debian-laptop, acpi-support.
>
> thanks
>
> emma

did you try using one of the available template files
and copy/paste/edit?

---

  In our "author's resources" area:

    http://tldp.org/authors/#resources

  there are pointers to various helpful documents/books including:

   DocBook: The Definitive Guide, by Norman Walsh and Leonard Muellner
   http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/docbook.html

   DocBook XML/SGML Processing Using OpenJade, by Saqib Ali
   http://tldp.org/HOWTO/DocBook-OpenJade-SGML-XML-HOWTO/

   DocBook Install mini-HOWTO, by Robert B Easter
   http://tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/DocBook-Install/

  and there also pointers to downloadable template files for
  HOWTOs (in DocBook SGML/XML and Linuxdoc SGML).

---