discuss: Howtos-with-LinuxDoc mini-HOWTO

Subject: Howtos-with-LinuxDoc mini-HOWTO
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 16 Mar 2001 19:15:21 -0000

I've just written this mini-HOWTO and will submit it after a final
reading of it.  I would like it to be mentioned in
.../authors/index.html.  This will give people a choice of LinuxDoc vs
DocBook.  I refer people to the LDP Authoring Guide and compare
LinuxDoc with DocBook.

I've included 3 lessons (by example) to learn LinuxDoc.  The 4th lesson
is on advanced LinuxDoc but since I don't really know that topic, I
couldn't finish it (It's not currently in the Howto).  All I've done
in lesson 4 so far is to review the first 3 lessons.  Advanced
LinuxDoc would show how to create indexes, math symbols, etc. but
perhaps if I included that (if I understood it) the mini-HOWTO would
become too long for a mini :-).

As a substitute for lesson 4 (I call it example4) I've make a
quick-reference sheet.  These example-lessons really belong in the
LinuxDoc package itself but that would take a while to propagate.

BTW, I've never read the LAG so one can't claim that what I've done is
a derived from it :-).
			David Lawyer

PS: This is another topic.  I tried using sgml2xml to convert LinuxDoc
and it seems to work.  But I'm not sure if the results are valid XML.
Anyway, if people in the future should insist on XML in place of
SGML then LinuxDoc can do it (if the sgml2xml converter works
correctly).