discuss: Progress on the Anti-Spam HOWTO

Subject: Re: Progress on the Anti-Spam HOWTO
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 2 Jun 2003 19:58:14 -0000

On Sun, 2003-06-01 at 10:34, chris albert wrote:
> I'll take your advice and check it out. That is what Hal prefers anyway.
> I've only used TeX for document creation, and have used XML in Java
> programming, but never thought of it as a document creation language.
> On my RH9 box, most of the default publishing tools are oriented toward
> sgml,
> and I didn't want to get distracted by formatting syntax since it is the
> content I want to get down.

As a matter of fact, you may be pleasantly surprised to find out that
many XML tools are built-in as well with RH9.  For instance, search for
programs that begin with "xml"...I found a REALLY handy script/program
called xmlproc_parse, and I run all xml documents I receive through it.
Makes fixing things much easier.

Between that and my XEmacs/PSGML (also built-in), I have a very easy
time working with XML, from finding the right tags to validation.  And
Morgon was right on the money with his comments about the ease of
creating XML and converting back to SGML.

Just an idea!

--
Tabatha Marshall
Web: www.merlinmonroe.com