discuss: Progress on the Anti-Spam HOWTO

Subject: Re: Progress on the Anti-Spam HOWTO
From: chris albert ####@####.####
Date: 31 May 2003 14:46:41 -0000

Hal ,

>I have an interest and would consider helping as well.

What is the best way to do this? Should we get a cvs account right away
at tldp?

I was just going to use the one of the big howto templates
http://tldp.org/authors/template-ld/big-howto-template-ld.html
follow the authoring guide
http://tldp.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/index.html
using style suggestions from the gnome guide
http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/ .

Locally I'll import and export the sgml files from LyX so I wont need to
worry to much about sgml syntax.
Since I am in Quebec, I will also be able to get the doc translated into
French.
Since I am on dozens of anti-spam mailing lists, I thought once the doc
had some meat on it I would try and get
some help on specific technologies, since there really is too much going
on right now for one person to master.

> I am doing
>postfix+procmail+bogofilter with the goal of getting at least one week
>in my life with no spam.

It can be done! Certainly at the local level, but it is harder site wide
because of false positives,
and varying ham/spam profiles among a large user base.

Have you thought of combining bogofilter with spamassassin?
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/bogofilter/bogofilter/doc/bogofilter-faq.html#spamassassin
http://www.randomhacks.net/2002/09/23/
http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/03/06/index2a_page6.html?tw=backend

Let me know how you want to proceed.