discuss: Progress on the Anti-Spam HOWTO

Subject: Re: Progress on the Anti-Spam HOWTO
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 31 May 2003 05:14:14 -0000

chris albert wrote:
> Hi,
> I noticed that there was some discussion about writing an Anti-Spam
> HOWTO, around Sept 2002. Has that got off the ground?
> If so, I would like to help. If not, I am willing to start writing one.
> I had planned to concentrate on the technical issues of setting up
> anti-spam filtering both at the local level,  the MUA level, as well as
> site-wide installations, the MTA tier, both using a mix of current
> best-of-breed open source technologies.
> All this information is available in discrete, distributed sources;
> however, I feel, that the time is right fot a LDP doc.

this is a very good idea.

spam has always be a problem but it becomes more and more annoying - I
work with internet and don't bother faking my e-mail, so I receive
approx a hundred spam a day (more than half my mails).

I use mozilla and it's junk control but, for now, it needs still read
the mail on my computer. thanks god I hav a dsl line, but even like this
  it make me loose too many time

yhanks
jdd

--