discuss: Author Guide - Writing a New HOWTO in DocBook

Subject: Re: Author Guide - Writing a New HOWTO in DocBook
From: Mark Komarinski ####@####.####
Date: 14 Mar 2001 21:40:30 -0000

Welcome from Mozilla 0.8.  A kind soul was nice enough to tell me where
to get Debian-compliant packages, so now I can have Mozilla and Nautilus.

Anyway, I have a very small HOWTO I converted to XML which might be more your
speed, I can send it if you like.  I had to put the pointer to the DTD in there,
and Mozilla loaded it up quickly, only there was no formatting, like it ignored
the tags and just went along and spit out the content in plain
text mode. My guess is we're starting to get into things like XSL.

Also, looks like you might be right about the DB:TDG reference.  This
is on page 20?  This is going to cause a headache, since the times I write
a lot is when I'm off the network (in a plane).  Validating that is going
to be a pain.

-Mark

--
Mark Komarinski - Senior Systems Engineer - VA Linux Systems
(cell)  978-697-2228