discuss: Author Guide - Writing a New HOWTO in DocBook

Subject: Re: Author Guide - Writing a New HOWTO in DocBook
From: Mark Komarinski ####@####.####
Date: 14 Mar 2001 20:16:52 -0000

Heyyy....I bet your /etc/sgml/catalog doesn't point to the XML docbook.dtd,
which is why you are having problems.  I do things via packages and let them
sort it out (yay Debian), but you may want to see if there's an RPM
or whatever for your distro that has the XML DTD in it and edits the
/etc/sgml/catalog file.

The solution for IE should be one of two things:
1) IE has its own catalog that needs to know about the XML docbook.dtd
2) URL for the DTD in the LAG

I don't like #2.  I really have this thing against needing to use
the network to get a critical file.

-Mark

--
Mark Komarinski - Senior Systems Engineer - VA Linux Systems
(cell)  978-697-2228