discuss: Re: revival of the weekly news - RSS feed and XSLT

Subject: Re: revival of the weekly news - RSS feed and XSLT
From: Patrice Neff ####@####.####
Date: 7 May 2003 14:55:26 -0000

Machtelt Garrels ####@####.#### writes:

> It seems simple enough, but I'd like to have an idea about the amount of
> bandwidth this will be consuming.  As I understand it, this would be just
> a special kind of link to which only certain sites connect from time to
> time - being once a week in this case.  Is this assumption correct?  I'm
> sorry but I didn't have time yet to get but a basic idea of the whole
> thing.

In my experience many sites will connect hourly or every few hours and
not just weekly. But if bandwith is a matter of concern you could
certainely add a text to the RSS link saying something along the lines
of the following: "Please do not poll this RSS feed every hour, but
rather just every week on [the day you publish the newsletter]".

Bye
Patrice