discuss: re:Online editing (was: One-page replacement for LDP-Author-Guide)

Subject: Re: re:Online editing (was: One-page replacement for LDP-Author-Guide)
From: Tabatha Persad ####@####.####
Date: 2 May 2003 21:37:34 -0000

I thought java applets myself when we conceived of the idea, however I
know this presents new problems too - some people don't have java.

I'm a little wary of the tree layout, simply because I don't find it
NEW-user friendly (just an opinion - keep in mind I've tech supported a
lot of people in my career that shouldn't have been even using
computers!).  Maybe it just depends on how it's done.  Some of the
Windows XML editors aren't bad... I'm just not willing to pay for
anything, and sick of all these darn trial versions.  I've familiarized
myself with tree-views of xml documents, and I'm not a big fan of seeing
my work that way... maybe I'm just getting too set in my ways!

The advantages of the online environment are that the document creation,
reviewing and processing can be all linked together.  I think some
tie-in between these would be nice.

I guess where I'm going with all of this is to see the LDP
self-efficient on the web - a place where people can go not only to read
docs, but also have tools readily available for authors, reviewers and
web administration.  Everything.  The whole kit and kaboodle.

Hey, I'm a dreamer!

Tab

--
Tabatha Persad