discuss: Seeking translators

Subject: Seeking translators
From: "Michael D. Crawford" ####@####.####
Date: 2 May 2003 01:53:01 -0000

Hi,

I am looking for translators to translate any of the articles at:

http://linuxquality.sunsite.dk/articles/

They are on the general topic of software quality.  There are articles on Linux
kernel testing, web application testing and C++ programming.  The Open Source
Development Lab has been kind enough to translate the kernel testing articles
into Japanese, but I would welcome other languages.

I've been thinking of converting the HTML originals into DocBook XML, then
republishing the web pages after generating the files from the docbook versions.
  If a translator preferred to work with DocBook, I would be willing to get
around to converting the articles sooner than I otherwise might.

The articles are all so far under the GNU Free Document License, version 1.1.

I'm also curious to hear your opinion on the issue of the GFDL being non-free.
I don't have any invariant sections in my articles, however I do specify one
brief back cover text:

"This contains material from the Linux Quality Database at
http://linuxquality.sunsite.dk"

Would that cause any distribution to reject my articles for being non-free?

Regards,

Mike Crawford
--
Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com

     "I give you this one rule of conduct. Do what you will, but speak
      out always. Be shunned, be hated, be ridiculed, be scared,
      be in doubt, but don't be gagged."
      -- John J. Chapman, "Make a Bonfire of Your Reputations"
         http://www.goingware.com/reputation/