discuss: change the Novell Server to Linux

Subject: Re: change the Novell Server to Linux
From: "Kin" ####@####.####
Date: 17 Apr 2003 07:23:51 -0000

Dear Torsten

I am Kin, I have a question on about how to replace Netware with Linux. I am
very very sorry to use your time to read my email and help me to find out
the solution.  I hope that you can help me.

On my case,  (you have exactly to point out our case). I just use the Novell
Server to central the data files and the EXE files. and then our user use
the DOS client to login to the Novell Server and "run" the EXE file, that
EXE file is made by Clipper and data file is store on the DBF files.

On the client side, we have some hardware that is attached on the PC and
only  running on DOS system. Due to this reason, we only keep the DOS run on
our client side. That PC is boot up from DOS, and run the driver for the
hardware and then run the NETX to login to Novell.

Now, I want replace the Novell server to Linux and the central data files is
also store on the Linux. But on the client, the PC is boot up from DOS, and
run the driver for the hardware and then run the some program (but i don't
know what program can do) to login to Linux .

Thanks

Kin