discuss: Correction on my last message...

Subject: Re: Correction on my last message...
From: Stein Gjoen ####@####.####
Date: 14 Apr 2003 21:42:26 -0000

Robert Gallimore wrote:

> On my last message, I incorrectly placed the word "coherent" when in
> fact the word I meant to print was "cohesive." Seriously, what would
> happen if Torvalds gave up Linux? I did not realize that some people are
> so in love with their computer that they flame the users of similer,
> competing op. systems. I'm new to the whole "open source" deal. I'm just
> trying to get advice as to which system to pick.

If you are new to the open/free software world I would actually recommend
you install the same as your friends, simply to get fast and easy help.
Got Linux using friends? Then go for Linux. If they use a BSD variant
(there are quite a few of them) then try that. But if you have XP- or
DOS-friends I would suggest looking for more friends. Hahaha. More
seriously you could search the net to find a Linux User Group or the
equivalent for BSD.

Community is important, also when you become experienced. So welcome
to the open source world.

Regards,
    Stein Gjoen